Hi Brian,

your suggestion didn't make any difference, thanks for the suggestion.

On 22-June-2015 02:56, Brian Lee wrote:
Hello Adam,

I don't use a USB DecTalk synthesizer but if you find that other USB
connected devices do the same then you might want to disable the USB
suspension mode under the advanced power options.  Here are the steps to
follow if you want to see if turning off the suspend mode makes a difference
for the DecTalk USB synthesizer.

1.       type "power options" into the Windows search box.

2.       Use down arrow to the "Change power-saving options" choice and
press enter key.

3.       Tab to the "change plan settings" link for the plan you are using
and press the spacebar.

4.       Tab to the Advance Power Settings link and use spacebar.
Focus should be in the combo box where you choose the plan.

5.       Tab to the Settings tree view and use down arrow key until you get
to the USB settings item.

6.       Use right arrow key to open a level in this tree view if JAWS says
it is closed.

7.       Use down arrow to the "USB selective suspend setting and then use
right arrow to expand this level.

8.       Arrow down to the Setting item and use right arrow key to find a
combo box where you can disable the suspend mode.

9.       If the setting is enabled just arrow down to the "Disabled" option.

10.   Press enter key to make your change.

Take care.

Brian Lee

brianl...@charter.net