Have you tried the 'quick fix' of Ctrl+Shift+8?

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Behler
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2015 1:54 AM
To: Jaws users list
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Permanently Turning Off The Reading Of Headings AndParagraph Markers

Hello, all.

I have encountered a very strange problem when working with the text from
e-mails that have been saved as Microsoft Word files.  It seems that
whenever I work with or create the files, paragraph and heading markers are
read within the file.  I can turn this off by going into the Jaws Quick
settings menu, but as soon as I resume the editing again, paragraph and
heading markers re-appear and are read in the newly-edited document.
Interestingly, they are also now read in any other MS Word document I open
later on.

Does anyone  know how I can turn the reading of paragraph and heading
markers off for good!

I'm using Office 2010, and Jaws version 16.0.3048 on this Windows 7 work
laptop.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan