Mike, Thanks very much for this help. Do you think I can get any kind of a discount on the price, since I have Word 2007? I don't remember if I purchased a stand alone Word or if it had other applications with it. Since I wasn’t in the others you mentioned, I wouldn't have installed them.

Thanks again! Vicky

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Boyd
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:25 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Up grading Word?

You could purchase just Word
2013 as a self standing piece of software, but you would come out better in
the end if you purchased  an Office suite. You could get the Home and
Student version which will contain Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and One Note for
a little over $100. Word by itself will probably cost you this much, I have
not checked in years, but the last time I did, the different Office
softwares as stand alone applications were running $99.99 each. Then there
is the Office 365 route. This is Office 2013 sold on a monthly subscription
basis. You will always have the latest version updated automatically, and
for $6.95 per month you can get the personal version which will include
Word, Excel,and I believe Powerpoint and maybe Outlook? but I am not sure
about this one, but you do get 4 of the Office software packages with this
subscription. To subscribe to this, go to www.office.com, and sign into your
Microsoft account, and there will be an option to purchase Office 365 on the
page somewhere. If you decide to purchase an Office suite, then you will
find better deals on the internet or maybe at one of the chain type office
supply stores. Try www.softwareking.com.

Mike
mike....@comcast.net

-----Original Message----- From: Vicky Vaughan