From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of valiant8086
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:38 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS Smart Navigation

Hi.
Smart navigation and navigation quick keys are two different things.

Smart navigation is a glorified version of the old screen layout web
document presentation mode.

If you browse a site that has links placed on a line along with other
text, such as a link in the middle of a paragraph, without smart
navigation it places the link on it's own line and interrupts the flow
of the text. Visually the link is just part of the text in a different
color that you can click on, but to jaws the link is on it's own line so
you can arrow down to it and press enter. With smart navigation however,
jaws tries to read the link among the text around it just as it is shown
visually. It's more than just that, but this was a quick stab at
explaining the point of smart navigation. The idea is to allow you to
continue having efficient access to the web while giving you a more
accurate representation of the layout of the document.

Navigation quick keys is what you thought yes, smart navigation is as
I've explained here, and not the same thing as navigation quick keys.

Cheers, Aaron Spears, general Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates
Developing "very good audiogames" for the blind community
http://valiantGalaxy.com Sent with Thunderbird 38.2.0 portable
On 9/19/2015 1:19 PM, Tom Behler wrote:
> Has this  just become available with Jaws 17?
>
> Would it work with Windows 7?
>
> I have Jaws 16 and Windows 7 here.
>
> Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Cursor