Hi.
You can't, to the best of my knowledge, force a scan with defender, but you could with Microsoft Security Essentials.

At some point, there was a registry tweak that could trick things into providing this ability from the context menu in windows explorer, but I never got it to work properly. If you want to try that, try googling something along the lines of, "how to make windows defender able to manually scan files or folders from windows explorer"

Cheers, Aaron Spears, general Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates Developing "very good audiogames" for the blind community http://valiantGalaxy.com Sent with Thunderbird 38.2.0 portable