You can also do a control shift 8 while in Word to toggle  paragraph markers
off and on.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 6:40 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS says new paragraph and new line in word
document

Hi Neil,

You can stop the announcement of "new paragraph" but the only way I
know to do it is from within Word itself.

Press alt F for the file tab. Jaws will not announce anything, but
never mind that, you are in the correct place. Arrow up two or three
times to options then press the spacebar. You will be placed in a
selection of categories. Arrow down once to display. Tab through the
options until you reach a checkbox for paragraph marks and uncheck it
with the spacebar.

Now you will no longer hear the announcement of new line and new paragraph.

I hope this helps.

Kimber

On 10/24/15, Neil Towery <neiltow...@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello JAWS Gang:
>
>  When in a word document, JAWS is saying, "new paragraph," "new line," and
> "new paragraph."
>
>  I did insert V and went through all that, but did not understand how to
> change the noise. Also, went to Text processing  in the jaws default
> settings, but understood none of that, either.
>
>  How do I turn this extra noise off?
>
> Thanks. Neil

Kimberly