Sighted help might be helpful since it will ask four time zone and other
things yes you could do that later but until that is done I don't think the
desktop will come up.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of wayne smith
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2015 1:47 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] JAWS and a new computer

My current laptop is malfunctioning and I purchased a new HP laptop.  I
chose one that uses Windows 7 because I have MS Office 2007 and Outlook 2007
and they serve my needs.  I am charging the computer now.  When I turn it on
for the first time it will have no speech capability so I don't know if it
will show instructions or updates on the screen.  I will load my JAWS 15 SMA
CD and run it.  Are there any traps or problems anybody has experienced in
starting their laptop for the first time?  Would it be a good idea to have
sighted help for that initial start?

Any wisdom will be appreciated.

Wayne