From: Don & Cher
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 8:15 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] If you're not ready for Win10, beware of Windows
Update

A windows update which came down yesterday afternoon, installed Win10
without my permission. The automatic update brought up a screen about
downloading Win10. MS had downloaded Win10 months ago, but this screen made
me question what I knew. There were 2 options- "download and upgrade" and
"download but do not upgrade". I selected the last option- thinking that
either I had been mistaken about Win10 already being fully downloaded or
that the major updates to Win10 required a new download of Win10.

However, after the download, I started seeing a 'preparing to install'
message and this morning was presented with a license accept screen. I
called the accessibility desk to uninstall and hide this update. I don't
plan on installing till early spring when I will have more time. I hope no
one else will get caught unprepared as I did last night ;)

Cher

Life doesn't imitate art; it imitates bad television. --Woody Allen