From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Kevin
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:27 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Windows 10 crashes; safe mode & restore?

with windows 10 you never start the computer from a  cold start.  the
computer is in hibernation mode which enables the quick start.  when quick
starting the computer some drivers don't get loaded hence the startup sound
does not play.  this is why when you run jaws in 40 minute mode then shut
down and the next time you start the computer jaws announces in order to use
jaws in 40 minute mode again you must restart your computer.
there is a way to disable the windows 10 quick start but I will not include
this unless someone asks!