Jim Slagle <jamesrsla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried using enhanced convenient OCR?
> What was your experience?

My experience under Adobe Reader was that JAWS processed the entire document
with OCR, then allowed me to read the recognized text in a virtual viewer. As
I recall, the documents on which I tried it were journal articles retrieved
from online sources. They were PDF files containing images of the printed
pages rather than the actual text as characters.

As far as I can remember, recognition was not a quick process, so you may have
to wait a while for it to be completed.