From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of East, Robin
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 8:18 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Kangaroo computer and JAWS 17

Here is some info for those that did not google it:
InFocus, an American electronics company has announced the launch of
Kangaroo.

Size: 124mm length, 80.5mm width, and 12.9mm girth, is roughly the size of a
smartphone. It comes with a removable base unit, which has an HDMI port, one
USB 2.0 port, one USB 3.0 port, and a DC power port. The device weighs just
200 grams (without adapter and power cord), and even features a Windows
Hello fingerprint sensor

it is powered by a quad-core Intel 'Cherrytrail' Atom x5-Z8500 processor
clocked at 1.44GHz, with a Burst frequency of 2.24GHz.
Other features include 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM, and a 32GB of eMMC storage, which
you can expand via microSDXC card (up to 128GB) should you need more
storage.

The battery is suggested to last four hours under "casual use", the portable
PC also has a Micro-USB port for charging. I think one can use this port for
a headset if your headset is adapted with an adapter  female 3.5 to male
MicroUSB

the Kangaroo runs Windows 10.
The mini-PC features Wi-Fi 802.11ac
and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity.

About a hundred US dollars or 144Canadian including shipping and taxes.

I have put JAWS 17 on this and it seems to be pretty peppy. I will be
testing it more this weekend to see how it works with docking station and
usb keyboard and headset as well as without the docking station using
Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth headset. Curious I am and so far it seems
to be what I was looking for. There is no screen so one has to use the HDMI
to connect to screen or IPad. Voice comes through when connected to screen
using the HDMI port.  However, I just need speakers ( no headphone jack)
thus the use of the micro USB port for wired headset may be useful)  and a
keyboard. Voice commands will be of interest using Microsoft's answer to
Apples SIRI.

Most important is how jaws will work in this small unit. I suspect for
simple applications all will be fine but if one opens up to much then unit
may become very sluggish due to the limited 2 gig of RAM.

robin