Fortunately I do have Jaws 16 as well as 17, because 16 seems to behave better
for me.  I am using windows 7 and would like to use 17 more, but in reading
mail, for instance, if I open a message it looks blank.  So I'll try different
keystrokes and try maximizing, etc., and then I'll notice the insert Z cursor
is off and not left on.  It happens with Internet Explorer sometimes too, where
the page won't show anything but that top part where it says home button but
you can't get past that part of the page or see links or headings.  It seems to
do this a lot and I also wonder if forms mode plays a part because forms mode
will pop on when I start to reply to an email or on websites before I'm ready
to use it.  Is there a setting that might help the cursor stay on and help it
to read web pages and emails right most of the time?

Thanks.

Joanne