Good afternoon Jaws Users group.
Now that I have had a few days to play with the Jaws 17.0.1806 version.
1. I want to thank F S for fixing the problem with the mini crashes and
hesitation of Jaws that has plagued the Jaws 17 version since its release.
Now Jaws 17 seems very fluid in all programs and situations that I have tested
it with in Windows 10.
2. The smart navigation seems to work better for me also in this version of
Jaws 17.
For example: When using the smart navigation feature in the iTunes store, it
works great.
Yes, on occasion, when pressing the play or pause button, it will put you at
the end of the list of the column you are on.
But this is no big deal for me.
It does take a little time, to get used to viewing, the iTunes store with smart
navigation turned on.
3. I have had as many as 6 or 8 windows opened at the same time, with no
issues, from switching from one window or program to another with Jaws.
4. The settings area in w-10, works very well with the new Jaws update, all
buttons are read correctly.
However, under Update and security, on the windows update line of information,
I wish Jaws would read the status of my updates.
For example, Your computer is up to date, this is how it used to read but not
any more.
I hope Freedom Scientific will fix this small issue, in a future release of
Jaws, this is very important to the blind user, to know their update status of
there w-10 computer.
Also, there is a small issue, when copying a link while in Internet Explorer,
with the smart navigation turned on.
You, need to press the right arrow key twice to actually be at the beginning of
the link, then you can press, Control+Shift+right arrow keys to copy the link.
I am not sure that this method will work, I used Mike’s instructions to copy
links in IE, and they worked for me.
Again, I hope F S can fix this small issue in an upcoming version of Jaws 17.
Over all I give Freedom Scientific an A+, for this version of Jaws 17.
The mini crashes and hesitations of Jaws 17, were driving me crazy!
They are finally fixed!
Love God! with your heart, mind, and soul, that you might be blessed reaching
His goal.
Love your Neighbor as you would yourself, God will truly reward you with good
health.
Love God, your neighbor, as you love yourself, you will then be spiritually
balanced with wealth.
Love His Word that proceeds from His lips, then reflect on the heavens where
God sits.
Jim