Hello,
I received a work assignment in pdf format. JAWS reads the pdf ok, but I am having an issue where when I try to alt-tab to my Excel file where I am entering the data from the pdf, my whole computer locks up and I cannot do anything. Even JAWS acts strange. My Braille display (Brailliant Bi 40) displays press a routing button to go to the desktop, but nothing happens when I do it. When this first happened, I couldn't even close anything. When I finally was able to close the pdf file, everything started working again as normal. I was able to save the file as a text document and had no issues after that, but I don't want to have to do that every time I get a pdf and need to run Excel at the same time. Has anyone else experienced this problem with adobe? I am using JAWS 17 professional if that makes a difference. I have used Adobe many times and have never encountered this with my laptop. Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay