Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the tips on how to do the search in MS Word.
Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 8:55 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Doing a word search in MS Word

Ed, what happens when you press control-f, type in your search string and
then press enter? The initial search can be misleading and JAWS may say
nothing. In that case, press escape, then control-f again, this time leave
the text field alone (your original text is still there) and again press
enter. You should then land on the first instance of the search string you
want.

Depending on what you report back, I can try to be more specific. My first
attempts with control-f in Word were hit-and-miss efforts, but once I
recognized how it functions, it proved to give me more than I expected. For
example, once the search lands on the first instance, it will announce the
total number of instances of that search string in the document.

Note that the JAWS insert-f "find" function searches only for whole words,
so you often miss items you might want. For example, if you want the word
"want" and search for those four letters as a string, you won't find
"wants," "wanting," etc. for that, you need to use the MS Word control-f
find.