Rick, thanks it is not in the list and so far it has not popped up. I did uncheck it in msconfig as I did before. It popped up after it checked for an update. I will look at the preferences as you suggested.

-----Original Message----- From: Rick Justice
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 8:35 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] how to stop drop box

Hi Lenny,
In Windows 7, go to the start menu, and up arrow to All Programs and hit
enter to open it.
Next, up arrow once or twice, then press the letter S until you come to
Startup, and press enter to open it.
I have never had a shortcut for Dropbox in this folder which in itself
doesn't mean anything, but if you find one here,
simply select it, then press the applications key or Shift +F10 to open the
context menu, and choose delete and press enter.
Alternatively, you can start Dropbox, and then press enter on it's icon in
the system tray, and choose preferences from the resulting menu.
When the preferences dialogue opens, you should be able to tab to the option
to start Dropbox
when the computer starts, and uncheck the box.

HTH,
Rick Justice

Tomorrow's another day, another way!
and if tomorrow never comes, problem solved!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lenny McHugh" <lennymch...@comcast.net>