From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Jo Luland
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:04 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Some questions and concerns about updating to
Windows 10.

Hi All,
Last week I contacted MS accessibility to ask if they could assist me with
up-dating to Windows10. I was told that many users, particularly screen
reader users are having problems with Win 10. He said that he would help,
but he didn't recommend it. He explained that most of the individuals having
problems are those up-dating from Windows7 to Windows10. I asked him if I
should first up-date to Windows8.1 and then go to Windows10. He recommended
that I do so. I know that many of you on this list have up-dated to Win10,
but have those of you who went from Win7 to Win10 had a particularly hard
time? I'm looking on Amazon for the cd and I'd rather not buy it if I really
don't need to. I'd appreciate all pros and cons so I can make a final
decision about what I should do. Thanks in advance.
Jo