From: Kimber Gardner
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Tooltips
Date: Wednesday, Jun 8, 2016 10:43:09 AM EST
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com

Would you outline the steps for associating a sound with those
balloons under windows 7?

Thanks

On 6/8/16, Mario <mrb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
yes, for windows 7, go to
Control Panel, find and enter on Ease of Access Center link, keep
tabbing to How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open?
Combo box, and arrow to the desired length. it is not recommended to
exceed 30 seconds because of security concerns. I suggest 15 seconds
which should give you enough time to left click the notification as soon
as JAWS announces it, if it is set to show it's icon in the notification
area (system tray). some notifications are only set to only briefly show
notifications which do not allow interaction, for which JAWS will
announce, unless JAWS is already reading something, like a document or
article. this is why I have associated a sound when notification
balloons arise.