I use Open Book most of the time to read scanned docs as well as security protected docs. Best for really long docs, too, as JAWS OCR may take some time to load. Open Book wipes out all links, though. Why JAWS OCR does not wipe out links is a bit of a mystery as they both have the same or similar OCR engines. Open Book may add some treatment that JAWS OCR does not.

On 8/8/2016 3:50 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi Maria,

Another way to read 1 of those empty documents is with Openbook, if
installed.  Try the following:
1. Open the PDF File using Adobe / Acrobat Reader DC.
2. After you get that empty document message press, Control + P, to open the
print dialogue.
3. From the list of printers arrow down to, Freedom Import Printer, & press
enter.
4. It'll take several seconds but, you'll hear Openbook open & start
processing the file.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
From: Maria Campbell
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2016 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] adobe acrobat reader dc

Thank you Adrian.  I just wish Adobe would handle accessibility without
third party programs having to do it.

Maria Campbell
luc...@gmail.com

Without them, hunanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama

On 8/8/2016 11:32 AM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
Maria, this is different from the previous query, and I can answer this
one fast. You should try FS's OCR feature: JAWS key+spacebar, then o. for
the entire document, press d after o. It may take a few moments, but once
the OCR conversion has completed, a new window will open with the result.