Using adobe 15DC?
Get in adobe..no page is fine.

Tap the Alt key, Arrow across to View. Then scroll down to accessibility sub menu. Right arrow. Two options..Change Reading Preferences and Setup Assistant.

You should select continuous page if you want to read an entire document. Check your large document settings, too. Maybe the doc you are reading single page is a large doc according to your system.

I set my large doc at a very high level as I have a pretty new machine and even large docs load pretty quickly.