Have you tried,

1, control panel,

2, default programs link,
Press enter,

3, tab and enter on set your default programs link,

4, tab to the list of programs, i=internet explorer,

5, now tab enter on,
Set this program as default button,

6, you may want to enter on,
Choose defaults for this program,
Tab and check the box, select all,
Now tab to save press enter.

You can also,

Windows-key+i=settings,
Tab to the listview,
Enter on, system,
Tab to the listview,
Arrow and enter on,
Default apps,
Now tab you will eventually hear, browser,

You should find IE there.
Or,
Open IE, tools/options,
Programs tab,
NOW TAB ENTER ON SET PROGRAMS
This will take you to control panel, to the set default programs.