Check out this guide to using Windows Live Mail with JAWS:

http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Windows-Live-Mail-2011-Guide.html

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Kenny
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:14 PM
To: JAWS Users List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Any Tips for Using Windows Live Mail with JAWS v17?

Hello,

Even though I do like how well JAWS v17 works with the default Mail app for Windows 10, I still gave the Windows Live Mail application a try. It seems to work even better with JAWS, and offers a whole lot more bells and whistles (News reader, Podcast and RSS feeds etc.).

Are there any FS (Or user) tutorials out there giving tips on how to interact with WLM using JAWS? Maybe a list of all available keyboard shortcuts.

One of the things I did like with the default mail app is that it gave you the number of replies for a particular thread in the subject line. WLM doesn’t seem to do that. Is there a way of enabling this?

Also does WLM offer a message view pain. Meaning as you arrow through the list of message subjects, a portion of the associated message body will be shown in a view window pain. If WLM does offer such a feature, how do I turn it on.

I’m very surprised that MS stop development on WLM for it seems to be much more advanced then the new Mail app they’ve replaced it with.

Thanks for any help.