Carla,
Are you talking about a distribution list?
I have to create another myself, That's the only way I can think by
categories, I can split my contact.

Try this below:

1, ctrl+shift+l= create distribution list;

2, now type in the name of the distribution list;

3, tab once, you will hear the name of the list, press enter,

4, to add a contact press, alt+h+t
now tab to the list of contacts,
arrow and choose a contact you wish to add to the distribution list, now tab
and enter on, members button, the client will be added,
 or try pressing enter on the contact you want to add,

another way is,

1, create the list,
ctrl+shift+l,
type in the name of the distribution list, press the escape key, and say yes
to changes, so now the distribution list is created,

now, ctrl+shift+b=addressbook,
you land into a search edit,
so type in the name of the distribution list, tab once, you should see the
name, press enter, now press,
alt+h+t=add members
tab to the contacts list,
arrow to select a contact,
now tab enter on members button, contact will be added, tab ok press enter.

HTH,
                                        Jorge