Hello Mr. Ed,

I loaded ZoomText with JAWS and the status information was still read
correctly by JAWS.  The ZoomText speech also read the information correctly.
Even after unloading JAWS, ZoomText still read the information as expected
and I had magnification up to about 8x for testing.  I don't know your
ZoomText configuration but if you are using default settings then this
shouldn't be a problem.  If you have ZoomText with speech have you tried
turning off JAWS speech and using ZoomText speech to see what result you
get?

Another poster suggested that you check with the contact to make sure his
contact information hasn't changed.  My reason for some of my suggestions
was that being you were hearing a message about a contact not being in your
contacts and yet focus was on the contact's name, it sounded like two
different areas of the screen were being read.  This can happen if screen
echo is set to All and not Highlighted for example.        The message you
are getting is the message I often get when I call someone but haven't added
their contact info to contacts.  This is why I thought that focus might not
actually be in the contacts list.

The Skype scripts are included in the JAWS 18 installation.  Sometimes just
compiling them will make things work right again.

At this time, I am not sure what else to suggest.  Hopefully others might
have suggestions to help you resolve this issue.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net