Thank you for clearing that up Gene.  Unfortunatley it is still really
confusing me as pressing control+space appears to be highlighting
columns A through U rather than just the one I need.  This problem is
really beginning to bug me!

Cheers,

Adam.

On 15/12/2016, Gene Warner <genewarn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do wish people would check their facts before posting. One person say
> control + space selects columns, another person says it's shift + space.
>
> So here it is, copied directly from JAWS help on Excel:
>
> Select the entire column, use control plus space bar
> Select the entire row, use shift plus space bar
>
> Cheers!
>

> On 12/15/2016 9:53 AM, Adam Ferguson wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> sorry to be such a nuisance but neither control+space nor
>> control+shift works.  Is it possibly something to do with the way the
>> spreadsheet has been created?
>>
>> Adam.
>>
>> On 15/12/2016, patti <bbk...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> 1, be at the top of the column you want to copy
>>> 2, press shift+space bar
>>> That selects the whole column
>>> Ctrl+space bar selects the whole roll
>>> Then you can copy to the clipboard
>>>

>>> Hi Adam!
>>>
>>> The brute force method would be to make a copy of the entire sheet, then
>>> delete the columns you don't want.
>>>
>>> A more elegant approach, would be to select each column you want to
>>> copy,
>>> then use copy and paste to copy it to the new sheet. Unfortunately I
>>> don't
>>> think there's a keyboard equivalent to clicking the column header
>>> buttons
>>> select the entire column, so you'll have to locate the end of each
>>> column
>>> and select all the cells from there to the beginning of the column,
>>> then,
>>> use copy and paste to copy the column to the new sheet.
>>>
>>> I'd love to be proven wrong by someone who knows how to select entire
>>> columns or rows.
>>>
>>> hth
>>>
>>> Cheers!

>>> http://www.jaws-users.com/help/