From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Miriam Vieni
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:42 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Short guide for the BARD express program

This has been discussed constantly for days on the BARD Talk list. I really
don't understand why everyone is so enamoured of it. People, not me, but
others, have been downloading 3 books simultaneously from the BARD site and
I've been using the Humanware Companion software to open and transfer zip
files of BARD and Bookshare books, several at a time, to an SD card or
cartridge for years. One doesn't have to open the Humanware folders to
transfer books with the companion software. The books go into the correct
folder automatically. I suspect that perhaps the only function that might be
slightly easier is actually downloading because you can always hear the
percentages. But I haven't tried it so I don't know.  I might play around
again, now that Jim has provided this lovely screen reader friendly guide.
But I, who can barely do anything technilogically, can't figure out why so
many people have become so intrigued with this.

Miriam