Converting mono to stereo was a trick often done in the early 1960's. Here's a quick n' dirty method.

1. Always make a safety copy of the sound file. Mark it clearly as an archive, or "safety dub."

2. With the sound open in Goldwave, create a new sound (CTRL+N) and specify a stereo soundfile.

3.  Copy the original sound to the clipboard.

4. In the new sound you just created, use the combination Ctrl+shift+R to select the right channel.

5.  Mix the mono file into the blank right channel of your new sound.

6. Repeat the process with the laft channel of the new sound, mut set the start point for mixing the mono track into the stereo sound at about 0.02 seconds. This slight delay will give an illusion of a stereo sound. You can also then use Stereo Reverb under the Effects, Echo menu to add some depth. Inverting one of the two channels in the new sound can also add to the illusion.

Good luck.. Let me know how it works for you.

Paul

----