You may want to consider application virtualization.  I am not sure how it
will work with jBASE or the cost.  One vendor in this market is InstallFree
(www.installfree.com - big surprise there) but they are by no means the only
vendor.  I know that Pete Schellenbach from Accusoft has used application
virtualization previously with his Accuterm product.   This may accomplish
the one exe concept that you are looking for.

Dick