I would suggest a couple of things.  You can try the "jshow -c yoursubname"
command to make sure that the subroutine is recognized in one of the
libraries.  If it is currently being called I would be surprised if this
didn't return showing the lib file that the subroutine is in.  You can also
try to DECATALOG the subroutine first before cataloging it.  Are you
getting an error when you do your catalog?  There are a number of issues
that could cause this.  Obviously, it is critical that the SUBROUTINE
statement in the program have the same name as the actual subroutine name
and you probably are doing that just fine.

Dick