Hi Mark,
Thank you for the information. This sounds like what might be happening.
Can you provide me a quick example of the process you are describing?
That would be very helpful in understanding how to set-up and test it.
Thank you,
Patrick

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 12:45:49 AM UTC-7, Mark Hogden wrote:

> [...]
> The results were that ONLY the spooled job printed. It printed portrait
> and larger font e.g. normal print
> The two "TEST" lines are NOT printed. It appears the HP_PCL_C12L routine
> is NOT called from jspform_custom.
> Then a blank page
>
> Is my understanding of *"The 'set_pcl' and 'reset_pcl' would be your
> programs that send the PCL sequences to the printer."* correct? I.e. use
> of a basic program to send the codes?
>
> Thank you for your help.
> Patrick
>

> On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 4:25:44 AM UTC-7, Daniel Klein wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the way this is done is to use a custom form type. Take a look at
>> '$JBCRELEASEDIR/config/jspform_deflt'.
>>
>> Use
>>
>> STARTJOB set_pcl
>> and
>> ENDJOB reset_pcl
>>
>> to set the PCL sequences before and after print job are despooled.
>>
>> The 'set_pcl' and 'reset_pcl' would be your programs that send the PCL
>> sequences to the printer.
>>
>> Don't forget to assign the custom form type to the form queue. For
>> example, if the form queue is HPLASERJET and the form type is
>> 'jspform_custom' then
>>
>> SP-TYPE HPLASERJET custom
>>
>> will assign 'custom' to the HPLASERJET queue.
>>
>> Daniel Klein
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 11:49 PM, Patrick McCann <osag...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Again, Thank you Daniel. Very good detailed information. I will put this
>>> away for later reference.
>>>
>>> You have helped me get past several hurdles and helped me with my
>>> understanding of the the Spooler.
>>>
>>> *I have one last hurdle related to printing that I am still trying to
>>> figure out a solution for.*
>>>
>>> I will go ahead and describe it here for you and any others to offer any
>>> suggestions or possible solutions.
>>>
>>> Problem -
>>> I only have one printer. An HP Laserjet 500 MFP M525.
>>> I need to print several different report formats to this printer e.g. 80
>>> column, 132 column, and varying font sizes.
>>>
>>> In my previous environment (UniVerse on a Windows 2k Server) I was able
>>> to modify the SP.ASSIGN program to use a file I created.
>>> The SP.ASSIGN was a program that executed the SETPTR command behind the
>>> scenes. SETPTR in that environment had more options than are available in
>>> jBASE 5.7.
>>>
>>> I was able to utilize these other options to accomplish my requirements.
>>> By reading the file I created that held the options I wanted, everything
>>> was correctly set during assignment of the printer (SP-ASSIGN).
>>> Here are a couple examples of records from the file I created - It held
>>> the printer, page width and length, top and bottom margins, print mode,
>>> font type, size, and the other available options I needed.
>>> I would parse out the forms assignment from the SP-ASSIGN, read the
>>> file, get the options, and execute the SETPTR command with the required
>>> 0
>>> TOP
>>> .P
>>> TOP
>>> 001 HP5SI
>>> 002 ,132,59,0,0,
>>> 003 GDI,FONTNAME Courier,FONTSIZE 7
>>> 004
>>> 005
>>> 006 132 COLUMN
>>>
>>> 3
>>> TOP
>>> .P
>>> TOP
>>> 001 HP5SI
>>> 002
>>> 003
>>> 004
>>> 005 3
>>> 006 &HOLD& OUTPUT
>>> BOTTOM
>>>
>>> *jBASE support mentioned I would need to use jspforms which I will start
>>> researching, but thought I would ask the question now for any
>>> comments/suggestions.*
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Patrick

>>> --
>>> IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.
>>>
>>> To post, send email to jb...@googlegroups.com
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Groups "jBASE" group.
>>> an email to jbase+un...@googlegroups.com.
>>>

>> --
> --
> IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.
>
> To post, send email to jb...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
>
> ---
> "jBASE" group.
> email to jbase+un...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.

IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

To post, send email to jBASE@googlegroups.com
"jBASE" group.
to jbase+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.