>From what you wrote I think that you mean column rather than row.  If you
are an admin you can define columns by updating the dictionary with the
column definition.  Definitions like *A5 are default definitions and now
found on all systems.  Also, generic definitions may not take into account
conversions for dates, money or other "formatted" data.

The dictionary record to define your column is pretty simple.  Do you have
access to the system to edit your dictionary?

Dick Thiot