No, I don’t think you can call it from proc directly. You would have to run it.
You probably need a wrapper program that would call your subroutine—unless
jBase lets you run subroutines now. Last time I used jBase (quite a while ago)
IIRC it didn’t allow you to CALL a program, or to EXECUTE a subroutine.
A wrapper program can use SYSTEM(27) to determine if it is running from a proc
and use PROCREAD to get the parameter from the input buffer, or SENTENCE() to
get it from the command line (proc primary output buffer).