Hi Damien,

welcome to the list! Could you please provide a fully working example reproducing this behaviour?

http://jbehave.org/how-to-contribute.html

Cheers

On 18/11/2015 19:11, Damien Grandemange wrote:
Hi,
this is my first post, so i may quickly myself : Damien, french guy, using JBehave since a few month along Thucydides.
My config : JBehave 4.0.4, Thucydides 0.9.275

We would like to work with meta-infos, not only at Story level, but also at Scenario level, not for filtering concerns, but rather to see those meta infos be reported in the JBehave reports (and beyond that, be parsed by Thucydides). Works like a charm when the meta-data is declared at the Story level. But when it comes to the Scenario level... Well, the meta infos simply do not appear in the XML report.

Considering the following scenario where :
1) a meta info is declared at the Story level : @tag requirements:R_FONC_TOTA 2) another meta info is declared at the Scenario level : @tags blurp:R_FONC_TOTO

Narrative:
In order to communicate effectively to the business some functionality
As a development team
I want to use Behaviour-Driven Development

Meta:
@tag requirements:R_FONC_TOTA

Scenario: some dummy scenario
Meta:
@tags blurp:R_FONC_TOTO
Given I have some step that implicitly requires meta params
When noaction
Then void

Then, the generated XML reports shows :

<story path="stories/R_FONC_HERCULE_01/R_FONC_HERCULE_01_01/001_login_sans_SUA.story" title="">
<property keyword="@" name="tag" value="requirements:R_FONC_TOTA"/>
<narrative keyword="Narrative:">
<inOrderTo keyword="In order to">communicate effectively to the business some functionality</inOrderTo>
  <asA keyword="As a">development team</asA>
  <iWantTo keyword="I want to">use Behaviour-Driven Development

Meta:
@tag requirements:R_FONC_TOTA</iWantTo>
</narrative>
<scenario keyword="Scenario:" title="some dummy scenario">
<step outcome="successful">Given I have some step that implicitly requires meta params</step>
<step outcome="successful">When noaction</step>
<step outcome="successful">Then void</step>
</scenario>
</story>

Well, there is no sign of my 'scenario level' meta info here (as far as i understand it , a <meta> child element is expected under the <scenario> element).

I 've dived into the code and found that the StoryReporter interface provide a scenariometa() method. The thing is : StoryReporter.scenariometa() method is invoked by the now deprecated org.jbehave.core.embedder.StoryRunner in the runCancellable() method (see line 316). StoryRunner seems deprecated, and the PerformableTree is now preferred and used. But looking at this PerformableTree class, and especially on the PerformableTree.PerformableScenario.perform(RunContext context) method (see line 866) , there is no more call to the StoryReporter.scenariometa(), as it was done in the StoryRunner.

Well, i may be wrong with all this.
Any help would be appreciated.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JBehave User" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to jbehave-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:jbehave-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to jbehave-user@googlegroups.com <mailto:jbehave-user@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jbehave-user/81b54d49-efe6-4b52-9f2c-b642af5366a1%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jbehave-user/81b54d49-efe6-4b52-9f2c-b642af5366a1%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.