Hi Jurgen,

thanks for the profiling.

What would really be useful is having a sample project that reproduces the
slowness in startup.   It’s quite surprising that it should take this long.

Moreover, I see no reason why it should really have a different behaviour
between 3.x and 4.x in that the parsing of the step patterns and the stories
has not fundamentally changed.

@Scott, do you still have this problem or have you been able to upgrade to
latest 4.x ? Perhaps the problem is not in the story/step core parsing but in
other areas, i.e. the Spring integration layer.

Thanks