I tried this a while back and ended up starting a flame war.  The
outcome was basically that if you code something, code it how you like.
  If you're maintaining something, leave it as it is unless you really
hate it.

While it's possible to get into indenting wars with this, I don't really
see a problem.

As far as I'm concerned, the only hard and fast rule is: either use only
tabs or only spaces for indenting.

You'll need to convince everyone that there is a problem before you can
tell people how to indent their code.

Toby.