Hi Geeks

If this was already discussed then I feel sorry to bother you
with this again.

Based on the last response of Julian on my "Call for Help"
he said that the Jetty implementation exposes the Servets
as MBeans at the MBeanServer like we do with the JBoss
components. Because I started to create a environment to
manage JBoss from an administrator (not just JBoss installer)

I have these two choices:
1) exposing the information by a management component
    (as I already started) and the components reports the
    deployment etc.
2) exposing the deployed components as MBeans themselves
    as Jetty is doing so.

The fist solution would need some changes to the deployers and
other classes to report the changes and could only be used to
retrieve informations.

The second solution would increase the numbers of MBeans
dramatically but would allow any JMX management tool to
manage JBoss (the server as well as the served components).

I think the second solution would be the better one but it would
need some major changes to the deployers to support the
creation and registration of the MBeans. BUT it would need
some improvements in the JMX Connector to support security
otherwise we expose the whole application. The same is through
for the JMX HTML-Adaptor but this can be secured by securing
the 8082 port through a firewall.

What do you think ? Speak up !

Andy