Danch,

Great work on the finder optimization stuff.  Our project really needs this feature for performance tuning.  One thing you forgot I think, is adding select-for-update when doing your "select" for read-ahead finders.  Is there any serious problem doing a select-for-update with read-ahead?  We're using select-for-update to synch multiple instances of JBoss, so we can't use this new optimization until select-for-update can be enabled.  If you see no problem, I can add this myself.  Seems pretty straight-forward.

Bill