Hi,

I just committed the initial revision of the CMP 2.x persistence store. I
started working on this on the plane back from Java One, and have been
coding it for the past two weeks. The code I have committed represents the
completion of the first phase of this project.  I have broken this project
into the following four phases:

        1. 2.x CMP fields - complete
        2. Relationships - July 7
        3. EJB-QL - July 21
        4. Verifier, cleanup and final docs - August 4

Here is what I already have working:

        CMP 2.x abstract accessors
        Tuned updates (now always on)
        Configurable eager loading
        Lazy load groups
        Read-only columns
        Dependent value classes

All of the existing features should still work and the engine is backward
compatible with CMP 1.x, as is required by the specification.

I don't have the new preloading finder code merged yet, but it is not really
important now because I'll probably have to restructure the query code
anyway in phase 3.

I'll follow-up with a message tomorrow, detailing how you can configure the
new stuff.

Dain Sundstrom