Marc,

Especially, did you see the changes I made to PassivationJob and it
PassivationHelper.schedule?  I actually ran into the problems I fixed in
there in production.

> Frankly it all derives from the "mutex" thingy that was
> introduced... i will
> revisit the code but it is "unnecessarily complex".  The versions we had
> there before the "mutex" was added did clean up and notify
> correctly (to the
> best of my knowledge).
>
> This is complex multithreaded code and we should really keep its
> complexity
> at a minimum.

I'm also sorry for introducing added complexity, but I didn't think you guys
would have liked me just re-writing it and checking it in.  :-).

> So I know simone put that in but frankly I will not hesitate to
> simplify, we
> need to get rid of race conditions.

If you find that you do not have time to finish this code, I'd be happy to
contribute(with your guidance of course).  I had already thought through and
half-way re-written this code before you said you were taking this on.

Regards,

Bill