Ok finishing the test of the cache, found interesting stuff...

onto your mail
1- turn of html
2- see below

Don't get annoyed with me, but your new threads test is incomplete:

that's ok, I don't shoot the messenger, I do shoot the implementor

- You need to also randomize on the bean's primary key.  I say this because
some of the cache bugs I encountered were as a result of one thread throwing
a context back into the InstancePool(via a rollback or remove) while another
thread(i.e. PassivationJob) had a reference to it and was using it.  Also,
with your test the way it stands, your entity calls will be serialized, so
you have almost no chance of creating a race condition.

yes, I realize that putting the pools put an order of magnitude of
complexity on top of something that is already tremendously complex (the
synchronization of calls).  I have removed the pools (by simply not
returning objects to them, they are still there from a code standpoint).

I don't understand the second point, what do you mean the calls will be
serialized? please explain,

- You should test the state of your entity bean
i.e.

class EJBThreadsBean implement EntityBean {
public void test(String shouldBe)
{
    if (!shouldBe.equals(id)) { throw new RemoteException("state
invalid"); }
}
}

sure, that was with the pools stuff, again I removed that, much simpler now

- You should test against option 'A', 'B', and 'C' since they are all
totally different behaviour.

yes that is a point, we should run the series of test with A, B and C
configuration options, this is independent of the code.

You could turn this around and say, "Bill, why don't you do it then?", then
I'd happily say, "Sure!".

well the pool stuff is gone so the test in there does stress the server, I
already removed a bug in the current base which is that the synchronization
interceptor was not checking for a rollbacked transaction in the
beforeCompletion call and that caused the pools to barf.

marcf

Regards,

Bill