From: James Cook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 4:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] new wait(1000) not good

If you mean synchronizing bean access in the container across multiple
instances of the container, I would ask why? If I misinterpreted, I
apologize.

I currently know of *no* EJB container that can synch EJB instances across
distributed containers. Gemstone (brokat now) may be able to, but only
because they have a persistent cache architecture which is really a
distributed database, and it is external to their container anyways. The
other guys (and you guys) may be able to do it by throwing enough resources
at it, but it would still be very difficult.

In the end, I scratch my head and wonder why? I can't even think of a good
reason to synch access to beans in a *single* container. No one really does
it anymore besides jBoss. It has been proven to be contrary to performance
and can be prone to deadlock issues.

I'll stop there until I figure out if I understood the proposed direction
correctly. :-)

jim