On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 09:17:48AM -0400, David Jencks wrote:
> Thanks, Toby,
>
> see below.
>
> On 2001.07.25 05:36:00 -0400 Toby Allsopp wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > If requested , I will supply a test class for this change.
> >
> > Did you really think this wouldn't be requested?  :-)  Please supply
> > this, if you'd be so kind.
>
> Well, some of my other patches have been ignored, its hard to want to go to
> the effort of writing an ignored test class too ;-)
>
> This patch would be much easier to write a test case for if my previous
> patch was also accepted, #443701, this makes it easy to add/remove mbeans
> via jcml configuration mini-files.   Do you thing there is any chance it
> will be accepted?

Ah, I see.  I thought that had been applied, but I see now that it hasn't.
I'd apply it, but I don't have the time to test it (or fully understand
it) right at the moment.

Personally, I think the best way to proceed is for Marc to give you
CVS commit access.  Marc, you listening?

> > > is bound */

> > What is the purpose of this?
>
> Do you know what destroy is conceptually supposed to do? Is there a
> reference explainging this?  Most mbeans seem to do nothing.  I think the
> result should be the bean can't be restarted and should be unregistered
> from the mbean server.  Maybe this is a bad idea?

The only idea I have is that destroy is meant to undo what was done in
init.  I don't see any value in deliberately making things broken in
case the world goes mad.  Perhaps someone else has more to add here.

Toby.