Hi,

hmmm, I need to consult more specs.  I agree that the extra level of
pooling in a resource adapter seems excessive.  In addition, the
XADataSourceImpl providing fake xa wrappers needs the kind of sharing you
describe.  I have found in the JTA spec that the resource adapter is
required to accept the prepare/commit calls on any XAResource, not
necessarily one involved previously in the particular transaction.  I don't
find any discussion of sharing whereby two connections are opened in one
transaction: is the pool supposed to supply the same connection or are
there requirements that it doesn't need to?  If you come up with some specs
discussing this please let me know.  I'll keep thinking.

Thanks
david jencks