-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Luke
Taylor
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 8:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] requirements for build

Dan - Blue Lotus Software wrote:

> -You need v1.4beta of Ant.  The current release is v1.4beta2.
> -Copy the jar file from "<your_jboss_dir>/tools/buildmagic-tasks.jar" into
> the "lib" directory under Ant.

It should work OK out of the box. I was in the same position last night
- I hadn't done a build since 2.* and I spent ages messing about doing
all sorts of unnecessary stuff trying to get it working - installing
ant, hacking about with scripts, modifying paths in cygwin etc. etc.

However, after a quick check through recent mails in the list
(should've done that first, obviously :-), I worked out that ant is
actually still included in the build - just do a

"cvs get jboss-all"

and run build/build.sh (use Cygwin on Windows as suggested). It's
included in the "tools" package and the scripts find it OK, even with
Cygwin. So I was able to delete my draft "why isn't there a
self-contained build anymore" mails.

I reckon the build.bat file will still have to work though, to avoid
lots of user queries.

Seems pretty impressive so far....

Luke.

--