Could someone post somewhere instructions on how to build jboss?

Is there a stable version of the source code available via ftp?

I managed to get it to build using some cvs tip of about 2 weeks ago, but it
wouldn't run due to the following problem with the JAXP package.

Foolishly, I thought I'd update my cvs tree.  Now the included ant has the
same problem, and I can't build now...

Should I start looking for another App server?

Whats up?

P.S. I did download the 2.4.1 binary zip file.  It is very unfriendly to set
directory permissions to mode 664. That makes it unreadable.  And it makes
me wonder if you've actually tried to use your distributions before you
release them.

                --Dean

==== JBoss Bootstrap Environment

 JAVA: /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/java

AVA_OPTS:  -Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.crimson.jax
p.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache
.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

 CLASSPATH:
/home2/dean/src/jboss/jboss-all/build/output/jboss-2.5alpha-DEV//bin/run.jar

====
jboss.home = /home2/dean/src/jboss/jboss-all/build/output/jboss-2.5alpha-DEV
Using JAAS LoginConfig:
file:/home2/dean/src/jboss/jboss-all/build/output/jboss-2.5alpha-DEV/conf/de
fault/auth.conf
Using configuration "default"
[root] Started Log4jService,
config=file:/home2/dean/src/jboss/jboss-all/build/output/jboss-2.5alpha-DEV/
conf/default/log4j.properties
[Info] Java version: 1.3.1,Sun Microsystems Inc.
[Info] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.3.1-b24,Sun Microsystems Inc.
[Info] System: Linux 2.2.14-5.0smp,i386
[Shutdown] Shutdown hook added
[Default] Runtime error
[Default] javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
[Default]       at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.
java:80)
[Default]       at
org.jboss.configuration.ConfigurationService.loadConfiguration(Configuration
Service.java:424)
[Default]       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
[Default]       at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
[Default]       at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
[Default]       at org.jboss.Main.<init>(Main.java:201)
[Default]       at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:115)
[Default]       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[Default]       at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:111)
[Default] JBoss pre-3.0 [RABBIT-HOLE] Started in 0m:2s
[Shutdown] Shutting down all services
[Default] Shutting down
[ServiceControl] Stopping 0 MBeans
[ServiceControl] Stopped 0 services