Ok, I just committed the changes I have been working on to the deployment
mechanism.

Basically you can now use the depends tags as proposed in *service.xml
files, that is

        <server>
          <depends>JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Naming</depends>

                ... your mbeans

        </server>

will not be deployed until the mbean with name JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Naming
has been deployed.

Note that I have implemented this so that these tags are looked at before
the archives path, so that if you list an mbean in a depends tag that you
are expecting to have deployed by the recursive deployment mechanism then
you will be waiting for a very long time (like forever) for this to happen.

I have also changed the AutoDeployer service so that it can be started
before the utility deployers it uses, when they are started it receives a
notification and will add them to its list of available deployers.  This
means that the only service you have to start from the boot
jboss-service.xml file is the AutoDeployer, all others can be deployed by
the autodeployer.

I have changed the default configuration to make use of these changes.  I'm
pretty sure everything works, at least it all works for me.

I think the way is open now for many of the *-service.xml snippets to be
changed into sar's by people who are fully knowledgable about the various
services, instead of having everything in lib/ext.

There are still things to be looked at, like I think perhaps sar's should
contain jar's and not classes hierarchies directly and we need a mechanism
for including a default directory structure in a sar that gets expanded by
JBoss and can be used by the service (I know this has been talked about
already).

Cheers
David.