-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

If I remember my experiments from a while ago, the URL is valid, but there
is no way
to get a sun.net.www.protocol.jar.Handler sitting on a stream that is
extracted by another jar.Handler. The guy who did the name resolution code
was seemingly more intelligent than the guy who did the specific jar
provider ;-)

But the URL solution generally does not allow services to manipulate the
resource. So a file abstraction or something like that would be more
suitable.

CGJ