?? I don't understand.  What needs changing on the fly?  If you redeploy a
nested package (ear contains rar contains jar), you're going to be changing
the timestamp on the ear, so the entire ear will be undeployed, throwing
away all its URLClassloaders, and redeployed, getting entirely new ones.
In any case, you were saying jar:jar:http://... doesn't work anyway, or did
I misunderstand?

david jencks