Sorry - revolver(=revolve=rotate) should read as (a round robin) queue or as
a fixed size spooler so the db do not grow bizarre but has auto flushing ...
the imagined db adaptor, when size indicates full, would flush to dev null
or to a file ? ...

/peter_f

<expanded>

(matrix = cluster/farm/node)
-have a (central) log (raw)) db for matrix (if db adaptor gets an exception
look up anew in JNDI (for fallback)) or have a node db.adaptor.presentor
collect data from matrix db adaptors, when needed (asked for)
-have db('s) flush achievable graphable summaries to the node or a central
medium
-have node db adaptor present archived summaries from it's repository medium
-have presentor xml it ... from raw log data stored in the db/archived
summaries medium or have presentor build a on the fly node db of asked data
for perusing

</expanded>