On 9 Nov 01, at 15:13, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> this yet. I'm considering supporting the mapping a cmp-field to the same
> column as a cmr-field, but this opens a big can of worms.  Most of the

Hi Dain,

For what it's worth, this is how I do it in the MVCSoft Persistence
Manager, and just have some special handling when moving state
back and forth from the db.

Of course, there are worms (consequences), but I think these are
unavoidable. For instance, because you can not change the value
of an entity primary key, you can not change the relationship
participation of an entity with this mapping. Anyway, it doesn't
seem like the spec gives a lot of options here. :-)

-Dan